Terms + Privacy
Collecting Personal Information
- Examples of Personal Information collected: version of web browser, IP address, time zone, cookie information, what sites or products you view, search terms, and how you interact with the Site.
- Purpose of collection: to load the Site accurately for you, and to perform analytics on Site usage to optimize our Site.
- Source of collection: Collected automatically when you access our Site using cookies, log files, web beacons, tags, or pixels
- Disclosure for a business purpose: shared with our processor Shopify
- Examples of Personal Information collected: name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers), email address, and phone number.
- Purpose of collection: to provide products or services to you to fulfill our contract, to process your payment information, arrange for shipping, and provide you with invoices and/or order confirmations, communicate with you, screen our orders for potential risk or fraud, and when in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
- Source of collection: collected from you.
- Disclosure for a business purpose: shared with our processor Shopify and our shipping service DPD where necessary
Customer support information
- Examples of Personal Information collected: As above
- Purpose of collection: to provide customer support.
- Source of collection: collected from you.
- Disclosure for a business purpose:
Sharing Personal Information
We share your Personal Information with service providers to help us provide our services and fulfill our contracts with you, as described above. For example:
- We use Shopify to power our online store. You can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
- We may share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For example:
- We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en.You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by:
- FACEBOOK - https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- GOOGLE - https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- BING - https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads]
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
Using Personal Information
We use your personal Information to provide our services to you, which includes: offering products for sale, processing payments, shipping and fulfillment of your order, and keeping you up to date on new products, services, and offers.
Pursuant to the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), if you are a resident of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), we process your personal information under the following lawful bases:
- Your consent;
- The performance of the contract between you and the Site;
- Compliance with our legal obligations;
- To protect your vital interests;
- To perform a task carried out in the public interest;
- For our legitimate interests, which do not override your fundamental rights and freedoms.
When you place an order through the Site, we will retain your Personal Information for our records unless and until you ask us to erase this information. For more information on your right of erasure, please see the ‘Your rights’ section below.
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the right to object to processing based solely on automated decision-making (which includes profiling), when that decision-making has a legal effect on you or otherwise significantly affects you.
We do not engage in fully automated decision-making that has a legal or otherwise significant effect using customer data.
Our processor Shopify uses limited automated decision-making to prevent fraud that does not have a legal or otherwise significant effect on you.
Services that include elements of automated decision-making include:
- Temporary denylist of IP addresses associated with repeated failed transactions. This denylist persists for a small number of hours.
- Temporary denylist of credit cards associated with denylisted IP addresses. This denylist persists for a small number of days.
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the right to access the Personal Information we hold about you, to port it to a new service, and to ask that your Personal Information be corrected, updated, or erased. If you would like to exercise these rights, please contact us through the contact information below [OR INSERT ALTERNATIVE INSTRUCTIONS FOR SENDING ACCESS, ERASURE, CORRECTION, AND PORTABILITY REQUESTS].
Your Personal Information will be initially processed in Ireland and then will be transferred outside of Europe for storage and further processing, including to Canada and the United States. For more information on how data transfers comply with the GDPR, see Shopify’s GDPR Whitepaper: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/your-account/privacy/GDPR.
A cookie is a small amount of information that’s downloaded to your computer or device when you visit our Site. We use a number of different cookies, including functional, performance, advertising, and social media or content cookies. Cookies make your browsing experience better by allowing the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login and region selection). This means you don’t have to re-enter this information each time you return to the site or browse from one page to another. Cookies also provide information on how people use the website, for instance whether it’s their first time visiting or if they are a frequent visitor.
We use the following cookies to optimize your experience on our Site and to provide our services.
Cookies Necessary for the Functioning of the Store
|_ab||Used in connection with access to admin.|
|_secure_session_id||Used in connection with navigation through a storefront.|
|cart||Used in connection with shopping cart.|
|cart_sig||Used in connection with checkout.|
|cart_ts||Used in connection with checkout.|
|checkout_token||Used in connection with checkout.|
|secret||Used in connection with checkout.|
|secure_customer_sig||Used in connection with customer login.|
|storefront_digest||Used in connection with customer login.|
|_shopify_u||Used to facilitate updating customer account information.|
Reporting and Analytics
|_landing_page||Track landing pages|
|_orig_referrer||Track landing pages|
|_shopify_sa_p||Shopify analytics relating to marketing & referrals.|
|_shopify_sa_t||Shopify analytics relating to marketing & referrals.|
The length of time that a cookie remains on your computer or mobile device depends on whether it is a “persistent” or “session” cookie. Session cookies last until you stop browsing and persistent cookies last until they expire or are deleted. Most of the cookies we use are persistent and will expire between 30 minutes and two years from the date they are downloaded to your device.
You can control and manage cookies in various ways. Please keep in mind that removing or blocking cookies can negatively impact your user experience and parts of our website may no longer be fully accessible.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can choose whether or not to accept cookies through your browser controls, often found in your browser’s “Tools” or “Preferences” menu. For more information on how to modify your browser settings or how to block, manage or filter cookies can be found in your browser’s help file or through such sites as www.allaboutcookies.org.
Additionally, please note that blocking cookies may not completely prevent how we share information with third parties such as our advertising partners. To exercise your rights or opt-out of certain uses of your information by these parties, please follow the instructions in the “Behavioural Advertising” section above.
Do Not Track
Please note that because there is no consistent industry understanding of how to respond to “Do Not Track” signals, we do not alter our data collection and usage practices when we detect such a signal from your browser.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at [email address] or by mail using the details provided below:
Farmyard Restaurant Ltd, 23 St Benedicts St,, Norwich NR2 4PF, United KingdomLast updated: September 2021
If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint, you have the right to lodge your complaint with the relevant data protection authority. You can contact your local data protection authority, or our supervisory authority here: https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/
Our Terms & Conditions
Farmyard Frozen Limited is a company registered in Norfolk, England.
It may be beneficial for you to read the Legal Notice below before using this website, sending e-mails to Farmyard Frozen or submitting articles, polls or interacting in any way.
We operate a comprehensive UK mainland distribution service excluding the Scottish Highlands and Islands. We will deliver your order using our selected expert third-party partner carrier, with full tracking being made available.
Occasionally, there will be areas of the UK that we are unable to serve via our delivery experts.
To give us time to ensure your products are packaged and distributed to the highest standards we request that orders are received by at least 10.00 am on the day prior to the day of delivery.
Delivery of goods by other than on the relevant day(s) is not possible.
Goods will be delivered between 7.00 am and 6.00 pm on the relevant day and you must be available to accept the goods within those times. Upon delivery you will be required to check the goods as they are offloaded and to sign that a) the goods have been received in full and b) are in good condition. Product shortages or complaints must be notified to the driver at the time of delivery as subsequent claims for credit will not be accepted.
If you are not available to sign for your delivery and have left delivery instructions to that effect when placing your order, you will be deemed to accept the full risks of receipt of those goods. In this instance, in the event of a dispute, proof of delivery will be constituted by proof that our van driver has acted upon those instructions.
We cannot be held responsible for the non-performance of any aspect of order delivery arising as a direct result of incorrect information being provided. You may be responsible for the cost of delivery and return of the goods in these circumstances.
We shall not be liable for the non-performance of any aspect of order delivery arising from circumstances beyond our control.
In the unlikely event that your order should fail to arrive on the relevant delivery day please advise us of the fact by e-mail at email@example.com within a period of 48 hours, providing us with your account number, post code and delivery date, and we will investigate the reason and respond to you within a further period of 48 hours from receipt of your e-mail. If, following our investigations, we fail to come up with an appropriate reason for non-delivery or are unable to locate a signed proof of delivery document your order will be deemed by us to be “lost”. In these circumstances you may either cancel your order and we will refund any amounts paid in full, or we will arrange for delivery of the goods on an alternative date.
We cannot be held liable for any consequential loss whatsoever as result of a product being “lost” or not arriving on time.
For every order placed you will receive an order confirmation, by e-mail, within 24 hours of placing that order with full details of products, prices and delivery details requested on that order. Please do not hesitate to contact us if confirmation is not received within that time frame
All orders can be cancelled at any time up until 12.00 noon prior to the day of dispatch. To do this simply email or phone, quoting your order reference number and we’ll refund any monies paid in advance as soon as possible.
We regret that we are unable to accept post - delivery cancellations / returns for frozen products as we are unable to guarantee their condition upon return to us. We are continually looking for ways to improve our service to you so would appreciate feedback on why you feel the need to cancel your order, although you are under no obligation to do so.
This cancellation policy does not affect your legal rights, for example if goods are faulty or misdescribed.
Farmyard Frozen Ltd either owns the intellectual property rights in the underlying HTML, text, images, audio clips, video clips, software and other content (collectively, the “Content”) that is made available to you on this website or has obtained the permission of the owner of the intellectual property in such Content to use the Content on this website. Except as provided in these Terms, Farmyard Frozen prohibits the redistribution or copying of any Content on this website without its express written permission. Farmyard Frozen hereby authorises you to display on your computer, download and print pages of this website, subject to the following provisions:
- the copyright notice appears on all such printouts;
- the information will not be altered in any manner; and
- the Content is only to be used for personal educational and non-commercial use and will not be redistributed, broadcast or copied to any other media.
The trademarks, logos, and service marks (collectively, the “Trademarks”) displayed on this website are registered and unregistered trademarks of Farmyard Frozen and others. Nothing contained on this website should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any trademark displayed on this website without the express written permission of Farmyard Frozen or such third party that may own the trademarks displayed on this website. Your misuse of the Trademarks or any other Content on this website is strictly prohibited.
To be eligible to purchase Products on this website and lawfully enter into and form contracts with this website under English law you must:
- Register by providing your real name, phone number, e-mail address, payment details and other requested information.
- Be over 18 years of age.
- Stipulate a delivery address in the United Kingdom. Please note that PO box numbers, hotels and accommodation addresses are not acceptable.
- Possess a valid credit or debit card issued by a bank acceptable to us or
- Possess a valid PayPal account.
Farmyard Frozen reserves the right to edit, re-purpose or re-publish all articles submitted to it in any medium for any reason with proper credit to the author. Proper credit is defined as the author’s name and where possible a link to the author’s website and/or e-mail address, when such information has been included in the submission. The publication of any articles submitted to Farmyard Frozen is solely at the Company’s discretion.
Farmyard Frozen Products may have (hypertext) links to other unaffiliated websites. Linking to such websites is at your own risk. Farmyard Frozen has not reviewed all the content of such linked websites and is not responsible for the content of any such linked website. Any (hypertext) links contained on this website shall not be construed as an endorsement by Farmyard Frozen of any such linked website unless expressly stated.
Any promotional content contained on this website is subject to inventory availability. Farmyard Frozen reserves the right to cancel or modify any such promotion at any time and without notice.
Use of the website
You are provided with access to this website in accordance with these Terms and any orders placed by you or on your behalf in respect of any of the Products must be placed strictly in accordance with these Terms.
You warrant that:
- The Personal Information that you are required to provide when you register as a customer of ours is true, accurate, current and complete in all respects; and
- You will notify us by e-mail immediately of any changes to the Personal Information.
- You agree not to impersonate any other person or entity or to use a false name or a name that you are not authorised to use.
Our right to cancel:
Farmyard Frozen reserves the right to cancel your registration without reference to you if:
- we have reason to believe that payment for an order has been made fraudulently
- we are unable to deliver to your address which will be evidenced by two failed deliveries by ourselves or our partner carrier
- we have reason to believe that multiple registrations have been created with the intent to misuse our services
You agree fully to indemnify, defend and hold Farmyard Frozen and our officers, directors, employees, agents and suppliers, harmless immediately on demand, from and against all claims, liability, damages, losses, costs and expenses, including reasonable legal fees, arising out of any breach of the Terms by you or anyone you are responsible for or any other liabilities arising out of your use of this website, or the use by any other person accessing the website using your shopping account and/or your Personal Information.
Description of Products
Each Product purchased is sold subject to its Product Description which sets out any additional Specific Conditions related to that Product.
We will take all reasonable care, in so far as it is in our power to do so, to keep the details of your order and payment secure, but in the absence of negligence on our part we cannot be held liable for any loss you may suffer if a third party procures unauthorised access to any data you provide when accessing or ordering from the website.
Contract creation and electronic contracting
The technical steps required to create the contract between you and us are as follows:
- You apply to be a website user and will receive your authorised account number and appropriate delivery day.
- You place the order for your products on the website by pressing the confirm order button at the end of the checkout process.
- We will send to you an order acknowledgement email detailing the products you have ordered. This is not an order confirmation or order acceptance from us.
- Home Delivery Account – Week day delivery charge - Free for orders over £60.00. Delivery charge £8.95 including vat for orders under £60.00.
- Home Delivery Account – Week end delivery charge - £9.95 on ALL orders for delivery on a Saturday.
- Order acceptance and the creation of the contract between you and us will take place on the despatch to you of the Products ordered.
- We may but are not obliged to notify you of our non-acceptance of an order made by you. We may refuse to process a transaction for any reason or refuse service to anyone at any time at our sole discretion. We will not be liable to you or any third party by reason of our withdrawing any Product from this Website whether that Product has been sold or not; removing or editing any materials or content on the Website; refusing to process a transaction or unwinding or suspending any transaction after processing has begun.
- The contract will be concluded in English.
"Subscribe To Save" Orders
Subscribe To Save is a subscription service offered by Farmyard Frozen. Farmyard Frozen reserves the right to change the regular scheduled deliveries, the discount amount and free delivery offer at any time. Subscription order items will ship automatically based on the frequency you select until you cancel. By placing your order, you are authorising us to charge your card for future orders at the frequency you have selected.
You can change the frequency, add or cancel products, pause or cancel your regular subscriptions at any time through the Subscribe To Save section which can be found in My Account. On all repeat orders you will qualify for 10% off all standard home delivery prices and may qualify for free standard delivery if your order total exceeds £60. The standard home delivery price is the price displayed on the Farmyard Frozen website at the time of the scheduled delivery.
Only items marked with the ‘SUBSCRIBE TO SAVE’ OPTION’ on product pages will qualify for Repeat Order benefits.
We may terminate your subscription at our discretion without notice. If we do so you will only be charged for orders that have been dispatched to you.
Payment can be made by any of the methods specified in the payment section of this website and payment will be debited and cleared from your account as set out in the payment section of this website. You confirm that the credit, debit or store card that is being used is yours.
All credit/debit cardholders are subject to validation checks and authorisation by the card issuer. If the issuer of your payment card refuses to or does not, for any reason, authorise payment to us, we will not be liable for any delay or non-delivery.
One person per email address to enter competitions unless otherwise stated.
Winners will be selected at random by the date stated on the competition.
Winners will be notified by email and will not receive any further correspondence regarding that prize draw.
Farmyard Frozen reserves the right to extend competition entry deadlines without notice. This is at our sole discretion.
We may publish the names of Competition winners and reference past winners in any subsequent competition at any time.
Entrants agree that by entering a competition their personal details may be stored and otherwise processed by Farmyard Frozen for the purposes of administering the competition and for marketing and sending offers and other information.
Competitions are open to UK Customers only.
Contact information will only be used for future marketing for Farmyard Frozen, these will not be sold to third parties.
Zero Tolerance Policy
Farmyard Frozen operates a zero-tolerance policy to the use of any verbal threats or abusive language and any example of this will result in your order being cancelled and immediate loss of your account with us.
Your details will be retained by us to prevent any future application being considered.
This applies to telephone, email, face-to-face communications or online Live Chat.
Updated August 2021